Friday, March 25, 2011

Evaluation of Avatar One and Two

Evaluation

Avatar 2- Before & After


Avatar 1 - Before & After


I feel I had made these avatars partly right, and partly wrong. With the first avatar I created, I felt I had made it correctly, but I had done this wrong as I had taken to much time focused on this avatar when I should have been splitting time equally between the two avatars. I think I have made my first avatar look fierce and aggressive, and I did not need to change the background as it was already a desert-like setting. I did this partly wrong as I could have spent time outlining the masks I had made, and made sure they were in the correct position. With the second avatar, I spent less time working on it, which was a wrong decision I made. If I had spent less time on my first avatar and more on my second avatar, the second avatar could have been improved and have adjustments. I think I created my second avatar correctly, as I have made most layers with masks, and I have made my avatar look fierce and scary. I also feel that I have done this assignment a little wrongly, as I have not been posting on my blog three times a week, which I will improve on next time.

I do think I went mostly well though, as I am happy with the outcome of both avatars, and feel I have satisfied both emotions effectively. I did this by changing things in my personality profile, to suit the avatar more and also by thinking of colours which represent certain colours, and skin tones. Such as the harsh skin made a huge difference on making the avatars look tougher, as without the harsh skin, they look merely different from normal skin.

If I could do this assignment again, there are a numerous amount of things which I would do differently. Firstly, I would spent an equal amount of time on both avatars. This would improve the quality of the second avatar, without me having to be stressed about completing it with a shorter amount of time. Also, I would be certain to accomplish three blogs each week, so I could be in date with my blogs, and not have to do many of blogs in one night. This would also teach me to be more organised. Finally, I would spent a little more time on finalising the quality of the masking done. This would make sure that there were no cracks, or lines in places that they were not meant to be. It would also make the whole avatar look and feel more accomplished and realistic, as there would be nothing out of order.

No comments:

Post a Comment