Friday, September 16, 2011

Evaluation of Animation Assignment

I felt I have done this assignment both correctly and incorrectly at different parts. I spent most of Term 3, not working to my fullest, which led me to having to spend many lessons on only a few scenes. This is incorrect, as I should be splitting my time equally between the 8 scenes I had to produce. I feel the first 6 scenes I had to create were correct, as I had the time to produce these scenes with accuracy and detail. This would make the whole film seem complete and realistic in a way, as the drawings would not have been rushed. The last two scenes, however did not receive enough time to complete with enough accuracy. With this, Scene 11 was not complete. Scene 9 was finished, but was rushed in the end and was therefore not completed in the desired way. I had to rush him magically having a tuxedo on, which gave the animation less good quality.

I have done this assignment correctly by completing the first six scenes thoroughly, by having many lessons and a lot of time to complete them with detail and perfection. The first two scenes were completed well, as we were able to have a friend take shots using IStopMotion, of Abbie and I holding a book. When the book opened and the picture became an animation, it made the whole animation seem more magical and realistic. I completed this task partially wrong as I did not post blogs as often as three times a week.

If I could do this assignment again there would be a number of things that I would do differently and improve on. Firstly, I would an equal amount of time in each section, by restricting myself to stop working on a scene once I have spend a suitable amount of time on it, and move onto a new scene. This would ensure that all scenes would be done, or mostly done on time, and would mean that I would not have to rush to finish the project before it's due. If I could re-do this task, I would also make sure that three blogs were posted each week, to make sure all my blogs are in date. This would also allow for me to become more organised in my school work, as it would force me to do my work (blogs) without being asked. Lastly, I would improve the quality of all my scenes, especially scenes nine and ten. This would have made the final product seem more complete, and with more quality.

Overall, I am happy with the work my partner and I have accomplished with this Animation-Ish, but there could be a few improvements if I had the opportunity to redo this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment